Education and Music in the Community
- Analysing the contribution of innovative programmes in Music Education toward the establishment of guidelines for nationwide implementation of music in schools and the cultural valorizing of music in the community;
- Intensifying research on Music Education in a broad sense and community as the informal, non-formal and formal contexts where music takes place;
- Collaborating with researchers of other Research Groups of INET-md focusing on domains such as multicultural education and creativity (Ethnomusicology and Popular Music Studies Research Group) as well as dance and music in the educational context (Dance Studies Research Group).
- Definition and strategy for a democratic and engaged Music Education;
- Identification of styles of musical learning, musical identities, and alternative musical pathways;
- Identification of affordances and constraints in implementing non-formal music education practices in formal school settings;
- Promotion of direct involvement in projects of community music.